You may have heard of chiropractic doctors but have wondered what exactly does a chiropractic doctor do? Or how can chiropractic be beneficial to me and my overall health? Chiropractic is a health field which naturally and noninvasively realigns the spine, joints and vertebrae of the body into proper functioning order.
Your Body is Like a Well-Oiled Machine
Think of your body as a well-oiled machine. When everything is working properly, the machine runs smoothly and efficiently. However, if one gear in this machine is misaligned, the whole function of that machine can be completely thrown off balance.
The same is true with your body. If one vertebrae is “subluxated” or dislocated, you can experience pain in various parts of your body causing you to not function at maximum ability. This is when chiropractic adjustments are needed. Chiropractic is a holistic and effective way to get your body back into correct working condition. However, you do not have to seek chiropractic adjustments once there is a problem. Just like routine maintenance will help maintain that well-oiled machine, routine chiropractic adjustments are a proactive method to keeping your body in optimum condition.
How Can Planet Chiropractic Maintain Your Well-Oiled Machine?
Just like you wouldn’t have a carpenter fix an HVAC unit, only a chiropractic doctor can properly realign your spine. The spinal cord is the power house of the nervous system connecting directly to the brain to send and receive messages between the brain and the rest of the body. Therefore, if the spine is not properly aligned it can send pain receptors to various parts of the body including the respiratory, digestive, and reproductive systems. Given the vital importance of the spine, it is imperative that spinal adjustments are made by well-trained chiropractic health professionals. Dr. Chad and Dr. Tugsan are knowledgeable and professional doctors of chiropractic. Having years of experience, the doctors of Planet Chiropractic are able to accurately consult, diagnose, and treat many conditions that are associated with misaligned vertebrae and joints. Call Planet Chiropractic and see how Drs. Chad or Tugsan can help to maintain your well-oiled machine. Whether it is for routine care or a much needed adjustment, the doctors of Planet Chiropractic are here to help. Call now at 757-410-2793!
More Services We Offer
What is an Adjustment?
An adjustment or alignment is a safe, natural and noninvasive method of applying controlled and specific force typically by hand to an area of the body. A chiropractor studies this fine and delicate art of appropriate and controlled force and the healthful ways in which it benefits the body. A doctor of chiropractic is the only health care professional that is allowed to deliver these therapeutic adjustments. These adjustments or alignments can be applied to virtually any joint of the body including hands, feet, hips, ribs, and pelvis. However, the most common location for an adjustment to be performed is the spine. At Planet Chiropractic, Dr. Chad and Dr. Tugsan have studied the art of applied force to help deliver pain relief safely and effectively. If you live in Chesapeake and feel as if you are in need of an adjustment, call Planet Chiropractic to schedule your consultation today!
What is a Spinal Adjustment? And, Will It Hurt?
A spinal adjustment is the process in which a chiropractor applies controlled force to the spine particularly to one or more “subluxated” (or dislocated) vertebrae. When one or more of the spinal vertebrae is “subluxated,” the subluxation can essentially affect the entire body as the spine is the core of the nervous system. A doctor of chiropractic will gently and carefully deliver the appropriate amount of pressure to manipulate the joints and vertebrae into their proper alignment.
When correctly done by a chiropractic health care provider, a chiropractic treatment should never hurt. The gentle twisting, pulling, and grabbing are uncommon experiences for most. Therefore, due to the nature of the force being applied to the body, some report a mild feeling of discomfort as opposed to pain. Remember, the beauty of chiropractic is that it is a safe, natural, and noninvasive health care practice. The doctors and staff at Planet Chiropractic in Chesapeake are always here to answer any questions you may have. If you live in Chesapeake or nearby in Hampton Roads, call Planet Chiropractic today for further information or to arrange a consultation to see how chiropractic care in Chesapeake can help you start living the life you were meant to live.
In order to fully assess your chiropractic care needs, one of the Planet Chiropractic doctors will perform a complete and thorough chiropractic examination to discover the cause of your condition. To locate any spinal subluxations, we utilized grip strength test, postural examination, bilateral weight scales, spinal palpation and thermography. Also a complete case history will be utilized.
In 2012, Planet Chiropractic upgraded to digital full-spine x-rays. The latest advancement in x-ray technology is the use of digital media instead of film. We are able to focus and zoom into a region of concern to show any subluxations. With digital x-rays, the detail and contrast of the new x-ray images are a sight to be seen.
Are you suffering from sore or stiff muscles? Perhaps you simply want to relax and unwind. Massage therapy is an excellent method for increasing relaxation and range of motion. When used in conjunction with chiropractic, it allows for easier and more relaxed spinal readjustments. We have two massage therapists on staff at Planet Chiropractic to take great care of you.
The 33 Principles of Chiropractic by Ralph W. Stephensen, D.C., Ph.C.
Ralph W. Stephenson, DC, PhC published a book in 1927 entitled the Chiropractic Textbook. In this book he stated what have come to be known as the 33 Principles of Chiropractic. It is more than appropriate, maybe even mandatory, for these principles to be listed on Koca Chiropractic. Enjoy!
- The Major Premise– A Universal Intelligence is in all matter and continually gives to it all its properties and actions, thus maintaining it in existence.
- The Chiropractic Meaning of Life– The expression of this intelligence through matter is the Chiropractic meaning of life.
- The Union of Intelligence and Matter– Life is necessarily the union of intelligence and matter.
- The Triune of Life– Life is a trinity having three necessary united factors, namely: Intelligence, Force and Matter.
- The Perfection of the Triune– In order to have 100% Life, there must be 100% Intelligence, 100% Force, 100% Matter.
- The Principle of Time– There is no process that does not require time.
- The Amount of Intelligence in Matter– The amount of intelligence for any given amount of matter is 100%, and is always proportional to its requirements.
- The Function of Intelligence– The function of intelligence is to create force.
- The Amount of Force Created by Intelligence– The amount of force created by intelligence is always 100%.
- The Function of Force– The function of force is to unite intelligence and matter.
- The Character of Universal Forces– The forces of Universal Intelligence are manifested by physical laws; are unswerving and unadapted, and have no solicitude for the structures in which they work.
- Interference with Transmission of Universal Forces– There can be interference with transmission of universal forces.
- The Function of Matter– The function of matter is to express force.
- Universal Life– Force is manifested by motion in matter; all matter has motion, therefore there is universal life in all matter.
- No Motion without the Effort of Force– Matter can have no motion without the application of force by intelligence.
- Intelligence in both Organic and Inorganic Matter– Universal Intelligence gives force to both organic and inorganic matter.
- Cause and Effect– Every effect has a cause and every cause has effects.
- Evidence of Life– The signs of life are evidence of the intelligence of life.
- Organic Matter– The material of the body of a “living thing” is organized matter.
- Innate Intelligence– A “living thing” has an inborn intelligence within its body, called Innate Intelligence.
- The Mission of Innate Intelligence– The mission of Innate Intelligence is to maintain the material of the body of a “living thing” in active organization.
- The Amount of Innate intelligence– There is 100% of Innate Intelligence in every “living thing,” the requisite amount, proportional to its organization.
- The Function of Innate Intelligence– The function of Innate Intelligence is to adapt universal forces and matter for use in the body, so that all parts of the body will have coordinated action for mutual benefit.
- The Limits of Adaptation– Innate Intelligence adapts forces and matter for the body as long as it can do so without breaking a universal law, or Innate Intelligence is limited by the limitations of matter.
- The Character of Innate Forces– The forces of Innate Intelligence never injure or destroy the structures in which they work.
- Comparison of Universal and Innate Forces– In order to carry on the universal cycle of life, Universal forces are destructive, and Innate forces constructive, as regards structural matter.
- The Normality of Innate Intelligence– Innate Intelligence is always normal and its function is always normal.
- The Conductors of Innate Forces– The forces of Innate Intelligence operate through or over the nervous system in animal bodies.
- Interference with Transmission of Innate Forces– There can be interference with the transmission of Innate forces.
- The Causes of Disease– Interference with the transmission of Innate forces causes in coordination of disease.
- Subluxations– Interference with transmission in the body is always directly or indirectly due to subluxations in the spinal column.
- The Principle of Coordination– Coordination is the principle of harmonious action of all the parts of an organism, in fulfilling their offices and purposes.
- The Law of Demand and Supply– The Law of Demand and Supply is existent in the body in its ideal state; wherein the “clearing house,” is the brain, Innate the virtuous “banker,” brain cells “clerks,” and nerve cells “messengers.”
9:00am - 10:45am
3:00pm - 5:45pm
4:00pm - 5:45pm
9:00am - 10:45am
3:00pm - 5:45pm
9:00am - 10:45am
3:00pm - 5:45pm
By Appointment Only